What information we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
- Account information: We collect information about you when you create an account and/or login into our service.
- Content provided through the usage of our services: We store the information you input through the normal usage of our services (e.g. configuration of your clusters and workloads, logs, history of your workloads).
- Content provided through our websites: We collect information you provide through support requests, surveys, promotions or events.
Information we collect automatically when you use our services
We automatically collect certain information when you use our services, in order to help us provide you with a better experience. We do this by using cookies, as well as third-party analytics partners such as Google Analytics or Mixpanel. We don't share it or resell this information with anybody else.
How we use the information we collect?
- To provide services and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide our services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate our services. We use your Google login, for example, to authenticate you and provide you with an avatar.
- For research and development: We use the information we collect on how you use our services to help us troubleshoot issues as well as understand how to improve our services.
- To market new features: We use the information we collect to inform you of new functionality that we believe would be helpful to you. You can always opt out of this.
How we store and protect the information we collect?
- The information we collect is stored by our data hosting partners in the United States & Europe.
- We use industry-wide best practices (encryption, two-factor authentication, network isolation) to keep your data secure. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable.
- We keep information about you for as long as your account is active. If your account becomes inactive, we will delete or anonymize your data after a reasonable time period.
How to access your data or deactivate your account?
The data you provide through Data Mechanics is yours. You have the right to request a copy of your information or to request its deletion. Likewise, if you no longer want to use our services, you can deactivate your account. Please be aware that some of your information (for example application logs and configurations) might still be available to other users if it was shared through our services.
Please contact us via the email@example.com email address for these requests.
This policy might change from time to time. We will post any changes to this page. If the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice.